Teacher : Gisele Alves
1). Read the text
A BRAZILIAN GIRL IN THE
___ Who is that girl? She is lovely, isn’t she?
___ Her name is Taís. She is from
___ Where is that?
___ It’s a country in
___ Where is she studying?
___ In our school, she is my classmate. She is a very nice girl.
Taís is Brazilian. She’s a lively girl but sometimes she’s a little shy. Her hair is long
and curly and her eyes are blue. Mr. and Mrs. Douglas are her host family. Taís is worried
about her school but her English is pretty good. Her teacher, Mr. Morris is a helpful man.
The girl is surprised with the
. Everything is new to her. It’s her first trip to a United States
foreign country. Taís is very happy.
about: sobre, a respeito pretty good: muito bom her: seu, sua, dela
country: país shy: envergonhado, tímido who: quem
curly: encaracolado sometimes: às vezes but: mas, porém
everything: tudo lively: cheio de vida surprised: surpreendido South: Sul worried: preocupado trip: viagem
helpful: prestativo host family: família anfitriã
1. Where is Taís from? ______________________________________________________
2. Where is she now ? _______________________________________________________
3. What is she doing there? ___________________________________________________
4. What color are her eyes ? __________________________________________________
5. Is her hair short ? ________________________________________________________
6. Who is Mr. and Mrs. Douglas ? _____________________________________________
7. Who is Taís’ teacher ? ____________________________________________________
8. Is this her first trip ? ______________________________________________________
9. Is her teacher bad ? ______________________ 10. Is she shy ? ___________________